Kristin Vana
January 17, 2023

What happens if someone passes away and only has one asset?

Did you have someone pass away with only one asset, i.e. one piece of real estate or one bank account? Do you need help on how to transfer it? Yes, you can always hire an attorney, but there is one resource out there that is amazing - the Franklin County Law Library. If the person who passed away passed away in Franklin County Ohio, we have a fabulous law library with a ton of resources. We also have the Franklin County Probate Court, which has attorneys on the ready to help folks with small estates (one piece of real estate or accounts under a certain threshold). So if you have one or two pieces of property that need to be dealt with in an estate, call the Franklin County Probate Court as well as checking out the Franklin County Law Library.